BRACKET 2 - DISCUSSION

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

Re: BRACKET 2 - DOWNLOAD & DISCUSSION

by Dark Luke » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 pm

And it only has a dwi file

omg it's not a big fat "TACET"
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am

BLueSS wrote:For the future: ALL entered files must be completely new.
I will hopefully remember to re-add this into the rules for next BM.

Perhaps add on "Also, files must not have been entered into other Tournaments or Community Packs".
I would be guilty of this rule, but got away with it since I entered the sim after BM2 completely finished. Just a thought.
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 am

CoreyBlaze wrote:Lyrics somewhat count as extras :mrgreen:

Sorry about that CoreyBlaze :oops: I did not notice the lyrics until now. I'll fix the score.
Posting Member

by Aki » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:11 am

I am actually downloading this because of The "Sugar before Bedtime" Polka.

Why restrict globally, when we should only restrict to BM and OSC. (besides, DDREvolved is still a different site, though same members of the community)
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:15 am

Akira wrote:I am actually downloading this because of The "Sugar before Bedtime" Polka.

Why restrict globally, when we should only restrict to BM and OSC. (besides, DDREvolved is still a different site, though same members of the community)

It is really "make a NEW simfile" that hard of a requirement? :?
Posting Member

by Aki » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 am

CoreyBlaze wrote:It is really "make a NEW simfile" that hard of a requirement? :?

After finishing the download... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

I thought it he made a new simfile... Misunderstood then. I thought BlueSS was referring to songs, and not files.

For me, entering a pre-made simfile like that in an another tournament has always been a no. That's why I always regard that as a standard everywhere else.
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:52 am

jammitch! wrote:- No challenge :(
See I KNEW I was going to get flak for this. Oh well. :D
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

I gotta say I completely disagree with jammitch!'s assessment of 24/7's slowdown and "flow." I thought it flowed remarkably well. I also though the slowdown and the steps within it were pretty much dead on.

Why would you want it to follow that synth? It would have seemed awkward and bad. I'm not sure who the author was but I thought they made a good decision.

I do agree about the jaggies in the graphics, though. That's a Photoshop problem and the primary reason people shouldn't use Photoshop to do graphics with 1px strokes. :P
This special title makes me look cool.

by will-i-am » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 am

I was also a bit confused as to why you guys didn't get the slowdown in 24/7. The drum line actually stops and I felt there was no reason for me to keep the speed up at 170 BPM. I was actually expecting someone to say something about it, though, since speedups/slowdowns can't please everyone.

I also have to say that Gee's BPM changes were perfect, but you guys seemed to dislike them as well. I don't know why BPM changes are such a bad thing. If the song merits them, there should be no reason not to include them and I really don't think BPM changes that are used at the right time would ever ruin a player's flow.

But anyway, I really appreciate the video reviews. It takes time to do them (especially on the slow YouTube uploader, ugh :roll:), and its always nice to see a video of your simfile being played by someone else.
Posting Member

by Leticia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am

will-i-am wrote:I also have to say that Gee's BPM changes were perfect, but you guys seemed to dislike them as well. I don't know why BPM changes are such a bad thing. If the song merits them, there should be no reason not to include them and I really don't think BPM changes that are used at the right time would ever ruin a player's flow.

Don't you know? If you can't tri-star a song on a sightread, then the file is bad.
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm

JukuGuy wrote:Colorful Cookie
===============
Heavy - 7/10
- It just felt too safe and very predictable.
+ I give you major points for leading every step of the way on point.

JukuGuy wrote:Fly Me To The Moon (Remix)
==========================
Heavy - 7/10
+ Very risk taking, which in some parts paid off.
- In other words,

O_o
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:06 pm

You've got to remember that from each of those charts I played were only played once. I'll give more details sooner or later when I come back and fully critique each of them. Maybe I should'nt have posted them too early, but I just wanted to reserve a spot. I can guarantee you the changes I see on your chart may change, but yeah; I kinda felt woozy last night, with all the humidity and all. -_-
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm planning to replay a bunch of these, as I ended up waffling on a ton of ratings this time, so don't get too hung up on the comments until the numbers are up.

@ Evan: I didn't say to follow the synth, just that I didn't like the slowdown. It may grow on me. Either way, I was planning on giving it a relatively good rating, so like I said, wait for numbers before getting too upset. :D

EDIT: I played it again, same opinion.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:42 pm

@jammitch!
regarding your comments, IIRC, Moonlight Shadow from 5th mix had some pretty complex cross-overs and gallops and was rated a 6. Maybe sanchny was going for a deadly double combination of my generation and moonlight shadow with his file.
Also, what theme do you use?
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Super_Ray wrote:Also, what theme do you use?

Super Step Brothers. I had that theme for ages :D
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

PreviousNext