BRACKET 2 - DISCUSSION

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

Re: BRACKET 2 - DOWNLOAD & DISCUSSION

by NIQ9 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:20 am

oh my god

I guess I'll explain a bit more

The forum I posted that in is 'the junkyard'

The junkyard has no rules and anything is allowed to be posted as long as it's legal in the US. NOTHING IN THAT FORUM SHOULD EVER BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, including my posts. It was just a troll thread. I was hoping the comments would be contained to the thread.

You have to understand. r21freak feeds off of simfile competition drama, and this is pretty much as bad as it gets. I meant for the vid to get a quick laugh and be forgotten about 2 days later like every other video I've ever posted.

I'm also sorry that you're holding me responsible for a whole site's posts. You guys are acting just as stupid as them and are no better. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have posted the video, but I did and I can't control how other people react.

This wouldn't have even been a big deal had mute not posted that comment on the video. Yeah, I know I provoked pretty much everything in that thread, but I wasn't being serious. at all. and you have to know that when you read the junkyard. I'm a mod there and I've been flamed much worse than that.

I'm not upset about getting a negative review. It's not like it's the first time I've gotten one. There's even a few ITG players that don't like my file.

Just so you guys know, I like DDR. A lot. I can make ddr-style charts, and I do sometimes. Umineko was just my latest release and was my favorite file at the time.

jammitch, I apologize to you for posting the video and that mute went overboard with his comment.

You guys can keep going with this, but I'm done. Ban me if you really think I deserve it, but I'd like to be able to enter best-mix contests in the future.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:06 am

I also really liked China Discotica. Too bad it's a late file, though. :\
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:20 am

Juub005 wrote:I guess I should try to swing this back on topic. China Discotica and Sonic Speed Riders, whose title I can never remember, are in a tie for my favorite, with Astrogation very close behind.

Sonic Speed Riders and Astrogation were really fun. They both had some awesome patterns and rhythms going and were in my top 4 for PR.
Posting Member

by Leticia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:33 am

Holy shit, people, it is just as easy to drop this thing entirely and ignore/avoid the simfile drama altogether as it is to continue arguing and justifying it. Everyone needs to shut the hell up and get back to talking about BEST-Mix and simfiles like this didn't happen. We don't need this juvenile faggotry.

Oh, and Sonic Speed Riders was incredibly boring.
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:39 am

A final clarification before moving on, on my part: NIQ9 will not be banned.

In IM and his post above he has said he is sorry that it got to the level which it did. If we banned every person who got upset and posted threads saying "they didn't like my file," we'd have a few less members than we currently do. :P

It's unfortunate it got out of hand to the point where personal attacks were made, but as NIQ9 did not personally do those attacks, I cannot fault him for all of the action some of the members of their forum decided to take.

I'm sure there are plenty of respectable people at r21 (Dark Luke being one of their prominent members) so I cannot and will not say that the whole forum/site sucks.

I hope we can get back to the files and finish up this tournament. Oh, and community pack files are due TONIGHT! I already have 5 files for it, and am awaiting on a bunch more. :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Rob00996 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 am

jammitch! wrote:For the guys who like them, I'd be glad to do the community pack.

That would be awesome if you still did some reviews for the community pack. I really enjoyed watching the videos.

BLueSS wrote:I hope we can get back to the files and finish up this tournament. Oh, and community pack files are due TONIGHT! I already have 5 files for it, and am awaiting on a bunch more.

I'm already putting some finishing touches on my simfile. I really hope that my simfile's standard and heavy steps do not magically disappear while uploading, as it did with Astrogation.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 pm

I've been quite busy this week, so I haven't played the files as much as I'd like. A few quick comments, I MIGHT post more in-depth comments later:

-24/7 basically was Shades of Gray done right. Loved it.

-Addicted to Bass was COOL, superb chart. Wish that mp3 was a bit louder, because when I scroll to the next song it's SO loud lol

-Astrogation was great but it seems to go offsync late in the song, incorrect bpm?

-I liked birthday expert, but the challenge chart was quite overdone. I didn't expected to like it when I heard the sample, honestly.

-Colorful Cookie was vainilla plain. This would have been so awesome...in 2004. It wasn't bad by any means, it's just that I've played so many charts like this that it's not exciting anymore.

-Discotheque was quite above average for an anime simfile, very fun to play. Didn't felt like you had to like the anime to appreciate the simfile unlike the ones in Bracket 1.

-Gee is such an awesome song, but I think the stepchart does not makes justice to the song. It's kinda on the safe side really, you could have done so much more many interesting patterns with freezes. It still was cool.

-I don't get all the hate Konamized is getting, I thought it was pretty neat except for that it feels offsync late in the song. Seems like another incorrect bpm case. The presentation was quite poor though (banner and bg), the videos you used saved it in this area, luckily.

-Livin in the sunlight etc honestly scared me. It was quite fun though, good job handling that drifting bpm. At some points I think you should have used 12th notes instead of 8ths.

-Revolution was also pretty bland, but not colorful cookie-bland. Steps were ok but they did nothing outstanding for me.

-Sonic Speed Riders was surprisingly good. I think it's safe to assume this passes to the next round.

-The sugar polka etc song was excellently done, good combination of playability and lol-factor.

-I liked Umineko at first, but I it was way too long for my tastes, it should have ended much earlier I think.

-China Discotica is probably my favorite in this bracket, but there are lots of good files here. This was so good, although I think it should be a 7, not a 6 footer.

-negai was surprisingly boring for a perfume song, as much as I love them. I almost felt asleep midsong :( .
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:09 pm

I just noticed something.

Juku, how come you didn't grade The "Sugar Before Bed Time" Polka in your PR?
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Oops, my bad. I thought that simfile was DQ'ed but I guess I've misread what BlueSS has said. Will update on that later.

EDIT : Simfile added on PR.
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 pm

I like umienko... it's a gorgeous song and I enjoy the steps too...

And btw sorry if my comment mentioning about r21freak.com step competitions started a drama... But it's good to have people learn about different stepfiling cultures in different communities. I advertised this contest on r21freak.com's "other music games" board so I wanna see some r21freak members try their hands on a DDR style contest.
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Jezendar wrote:Is it possible to play a 13-footer even on a modded soft pad?

It is possible, but not very easily.

I have an Ignition 3.0 from about 2 year back or so and I can pass 13s on it. Modded soft pads can definitely get that far unless they tear way beforehand. Cheap-o pads will be demolished way before that point.
CoreyBlaze wrote:-Revolution was also pretty bland, but not colorful cookie-bland. Steps were ok but they did nothing outstanding for me.
You know I'd object to this but really I screwed up by not adding a Challenge chart. Plus I don't take negative statements seriously. :P

BLueSS wrote:Oh, and community pack files are due TONIGHT! I already have 5 files for it, and am awaiting on a bunch more. :)
Yeah I was hoping to submit mine way before now but the new rollercoaster at Universal Studios opened to the public after six o'clock and my brother and sister decided to wait in line three hours to ride it despite us having annual passes, so I didn't get home until 11:30 where I got greeted by people online telling me good things happened and I ended up distracted.
Good thing I only have "Light" to do.

I put that in quotations because really I had NO ideas what to do with Standard and Light so I'm making things up as I go. I do not expect them to be good like my Heavy. :(

jammitch! wrote:For the guys who like them, I'd be glad to do the community pack.
I'd love to see this, regardless of the fact mine isn't going to be too grand.

Dark Luke wrote:I like umienko... it's a gorgeous song and I enjoy the steps too...
I heard the song and thought it was cool. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is one of my favorite shows so I know this song was interesting to me. The biggest problem is the cut.
Posting Member

by NIQ9 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 am

cpubasic13 wrote:
Jezendar wrote:Is it possible to play a 13-footer even on a modded soft pad?

It is possible, but not very easily.

Not if you only have 1 pad. I have 2 pads on one piece of plywood, so they don't move at all. I've passed all of the ITG 12s and Pandemonium on it, so it's definitely possible.
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 am

I just wanted to apologize about the synching issues involving Astrogation. The problem is not exactly the BPM, but some slight errors in the editing of the song, which was not noticeable until I started adding the steps through the stepmania editor.

I would gladly try and make an updated cut of the song, if anyone would like me to.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 am

Rob00996 wrote:I just wanted to apologize about the synching issues involving Astrogation. The problem is not exactly the BPM, but some slight errors in the editing of the song, which was not noticeable until I started adding the steps through the stepmania editor.

I would gladly try and make an updated cut of the song, if anyone would like me to.

Please do it :)
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Here is the link to the updated ogg file and sm, along with a dwi file, for Astrogation (it says Mp3 in the download, but the music file is an ogg.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9877X9E7

Be sure to change the sm and/or dwi file along with the ogg file because I had to change the gap slightly in the updated version.

I am pretty sure that this version is now on sync, but let me know if it is still off sync, or if the download has nothing in it.
Posting Member

PreviousNext