BRACKET 2 - DISCUSSION

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

Re: BRACKET 2 - DOWNLOAD & DISCUSSION

by Super_Ray » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Oni-91 wrote:
Super_Ray wrote:Also, what theme do you use?

Super Step Brothers. I had that theme for ages :D

Thanks! Anyway, I'll post a public review later this week.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Yeah, it's SSB, which I made in like 2004. It's really old, but I'm still proud of it. Since I never finished neonAUTOMATON (and never will), I'll keep using it.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 am

will-i-am wrote:.... I don't know why BPM changes are such a bad thing. If the song merits them, there should be no reason not to include them and I really don't think BPM changes that are used at the right time would ever ruin a player's flow....

May I refer you to several sims (within the Otaku's Dream community) made by someone going by the name of "DJ Pop"?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 am

I don't play any of the Otaku's Dream packs, but whoever this DJ Pop guy is is probaby someone who uses BPM changes when they are otherwise unnecessary.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 am

jammitch! wrote:Yeah, it's SSB, which I made in like 2004. It's really old, but I'm still proud of it. Since I never finished neonAUTOMATON (and never will), I'll keep using it.

It's really good. I think it looks better than most of the official DDR stuff.
Posting Member

by Leticia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:58 am

Xythar wrote:O_o

Colorful Cookie felt like something I'd play in the arcade and try to AAA, because it's incredible easy and absolutely non-spectacular. It's definitely fun, but it's very straightforward and not very remarkable.
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by The Period » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 am

Leticia wrote:

Colorful Cookie felt like something I'd play in the arcade and try to AAA, because it's incredible easy and absolutely non-spectacular. It's definitely fun, but it's very straightforward and not very remarkable.

Agreed.
---
If the beginning and the end of Fly me too the Moon (Heavy) were like its Standard, I could give it FULL SCORE for sure.
"Every mistake I make has a proposal, that's why all of them are intentional." - THE PERIOD
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

will-i-am wrote:I don't play any of the Otaku's Dream packs, but whoever this DJ Pop guy is is probaby someone who uses BPM changes when they are otherwise unnecessary.

You are correct. I would enjoy giving you a taste of what many believe to be "good charts". Let me know.

Any word on "Cold Noodle"'s outcome?
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:38 pm

LK4D4 wrote:Any word on "Cold Noodle"'s outcome?

Like a bottle of wine at a Mormon funeral.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:36 pm

D A N T . wrote:
Leticia wrote:

Agreed.
---
If the beginning and the end of Fly me too the Moon (Heavy) were like its Standard, I could give it FULL SCORE for sure.

I guess you don't like So Deep then :cry: .

Fly Me To The Moon [Expert] is meant to be actually challenging, and every time you play it, you'll like it more, because its a song that you need to learn to get good at, but in a nice way (not because it's chock full of silly bpm changes or other kind of tricks, no offense to the polka song btw lol I liked that one). As I said in the read me, it's kind of a hommage to DDR's "sorrow" songs such as Vanity Angel, Rain of Sorrow, Tears, etc. No one likes those songs when they play them for the first time, but when they get better at the game they become quite popular.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Leticia wrote:

So, perfectly DDR authentic then?

;)

(actually, some would say the long streams in the ending were risky for an 8, but I think they fit and A heavy is probably harder anyway)
Posting Member

by Leticia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Xythar wrote:
Leticia wrote:

So, perfectly DDR authentic then?

;)

(actually, some would say the long streams in the ending were risky for an 8, but I think they fit and A heavy is probably harder anyway)

Pretty much. :3
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by Aki » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 am

LK4D4 wrote:Any word on "Cold Noodle"'s outcome?

One thing's for sure. Old meme is old.
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:15 pm

I've played through almost all the heavy charts. But I had to stop after the sugar-before-bedtime polka, because I was already tired and, well, I'll let you guess the rest. So out of what I played (the ones I haven't are Umineko no naku koro ni and China Discoteca), my favorites are Sonic Speed Riders, Astrogation, Birthday, and Revolution, probably in that order, starting from the best. But Astrogation has a really unfortunate cut problem that throws off the sync, and Birthday is a really unfortunate song because it's such a downer, geez. Won't look at public reviews until I've played every song, so I can properly compare, I guess? And because my file's in there, so I'm kind of like the kid in the movie theater who covers his eyes at the embarrassing moments in the film :P
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Juub005 wrote:Birthday is a really unfortunate song because it's such a downer, geez.

What's a downer? I don't understand :oops:
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

PreviousNext