Community Pack - Discuss

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

Re: Community Pack - Download & Discuss

by will-i-am » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Sweet. Downloading now. :)
Posting Member

by TheBaldOneMpls » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

So I was the only one to actually get their Daler Mendhi song in? I think I might be losing faith in humanity.
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 pm

My first plays...

BREAKING FREE, my file :D (I had to try it out. In case... again.)

I was expecting more from 'ACID', considering its done by an author who personally I thought stomped the first bracket. Some great variety in the beginning, but near the end with all those streams almost made me half asleep. (Maybe its because it's nearly 2AM right now.. )Those 16ths piled in really well though I must say.

'Don't Say "Indy"' was epic, no words to describe that.

'Feel Your Love' had some very monotone-ish steps. A bit less of a 6 considering there were so many quarter notes confronted in there, but it was a really pleasant file. Nice dance song too btw.

'FIRE' was pretty intense. Some nice stream placements, 16th roll streams were quite fun. Personally, I would've added an 8th note to each 16th roll near the ending just to create a more climax-depth to the file. It was good nonetheless.

Now 'Maniac'. This is a pretty cool cover I must say. It still had that 80s vibe, but it's his voice that makes it so distant to that generation which I think complements the song really well. Anywho, nice, mellow simple steps. It's not AMAZING, I'm not gonna lie, but nice touch.

'Night Flight' was fun to the maxxizzle! From point front to end, this song made me bop my head back and forth literally because of how different and funky it is compared to the other Perfume songs. One vote for "FUN" vote already. :)

'OHAYOU' almost caused me a seizure, so I didn't wanted to play the whole thing..

'NOBODY' was okay. Maybe its just the song that didn't give those steps justice, but I wish it was improved more.

Now I drop to sleep.
Posting Member

by x0_000 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Highly disappointed that this wasn't used.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 am

FYI, guys, ACID is a chart originally intended for the ill-fated DTX project. I spent maybe a half an hour tweaking my existing steps to clean up perceived inaccuracies. The file wasn't built from the ground up for a contest, so I'm not expecting it to be as well-received as Back 2 Back, but it's been so long that I want to start officially releasing all the abandoned DTX charts so people can see what it would have been. (Obviously I still like it or I wouldn't have released it, but I still have weird tastes.)

It's an older, different style (sort of a DDR-ITG hybrid), and its theme is progression (I think). You'll notice heavy goes from straight runs to crossovers to double-steps to step-jump runs, and challenge adds in more and more sixteenths and goes from easier to harder patterns throughout.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Chmurek » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:32 am

I think that it from now on it should be mandatory for each contest to have such pack two/three weeks after the main thing. People are much more creative, because nobody is holding back with their song choices anymore. I'm having more fun with files here than with the official brackets.

A few of my impressions:

ACID
Show that to those r21pricks! :D The challenge chart is outstanding.
Where do you get such music? I'm totally in love with your song choices.

BRIDAL FESTIVAL (three exclamation marks)
This is probably the most awesome chart ever. Had you entered this instead of S.P.A.M, it would have gotten a 10/10 from me.

Disconnected
My ears ;_;

Don't Say "Indy"
Lacks a good challenge chart :D

Gacha Gacha (...)
I really dig your song choices.
You seem to have a thing for blurred/pixilated graphics.

Hostile
You're probably my favorite stepmaker when it comes to DDR-style steps, you know?

OHAYOU
What a great successor to "Lazy" from BM1.5. Loads of fun! (and it's perfectly synced this time!)

Take Me Out
That must've been a lot of effort to sync properly, and you did amazingly well.
That guy who made stuff like Rockhill / Vodka / Artillery / Gee
Posting Member

by Leticia » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:48 am

Chmurek wrote:Gacha Gacha (...)
I really dig your song choices.
You seem to have a thing for blurred/pixilated graphics.

That's not actually blurred. The resize kinda made it that way. It is literally impossible to find a decent resolution image of anything related to the H-game that song is from while still being in safe-for-work territory. That is literally the best I could do.

And the mosiac/pixelation comes from the fact that the song is by MOSIAC.WAV. It was also my first experimentation with pixelated gradients!
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 am

Okay, so since this pack isn't really going to get any official judging or anything, I'm going to go ahead and ''host'' an AIM review of the files.

It's kind of a spur of the moment thing, with a slightly spur of the moment time. I'm thinking of 9 PM GMT being the general time, and today being the day we'd do it. So, I'm just interested in who's willing to participate, and if today isn't the best date for most, which I could understand, then we could perhaps push it to a later date, but I'd rather start this ASAP during the time most people are interested in playing all these new files.

Just leave your AIM username in this topic and I'll get in touch with you at 9 PM GMT or earlier if you need anything. And my username is williamusic if you're wondering.

I'll definitely talk to Juku, Oni, or Infinity once they get on and see if they can make the room/help or whatnot, and I don't even know if I'm completely free for this, but we'll see how it goes.
Posting Member

by Valex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 am

I might drop by for that, I need an excuse to start using AIM again

Also I just want to say that I'm willing to bet that I'll be the only one that likes Disconnected (as a song)
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 am

I'll be out for my Mum's birthday today, but I reckon I'll be back for 9.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 am

Eh, why not?

It'll give me something to do.

Hostile
You're probably my favorite stepmaker when it comes to DDR-style steps, you know?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not haha
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 am

will-i-am wrote:Just leave your AIM username in this topic and I'll get in touch with you at 9 PM GMT or earlier if you need anything. And my username is williamusic if you're wondering.

Yes, I will be able to join as usual; hence, I didn't go through all of the sims anyways yet. Will be able to during the chat tonight if successful. :)
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 am

Cool. :)

So, we're going to start in a bit. 16 minutes until its 9 PM GMT, so come along if you can. ;)
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:46 am

I'm here and my AIM name is the same as my user name.
Posting Member

by NIQ9 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 am

will-i-am wrote:Just leave your AIM username in this topic and I'll get in touch with you at 9 PM GMT or earlier if you need anything. And my username is williamusic if you're wondering.

I'm rather curious as to how the community will take my file.

AIM = NIQRAR

EDIT: Sorry, I've been having connection problems today :/
Posting Member

PreviousNext