[TAG Team] - Basic Idea

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

[TAG Team] - Basic Idea

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:51 am

So there have been several "team" ideas running around, but it's time someone finally did something about these ideas.

THE NEXT BEST-mix will be a 3 person/one file event.

Basic Ideas:
- Three members work together on ONE file to submit.
- Each entrant can be in a maximum of 3 teams.
- Each must must have exactly 3 different members
- Teams cannot be repeated. They must have at least 1 different member.
- Each member will primarily be responsible for one of the three main charts (l/s/h), but can of course help out as much as needed in the other charts.
- TOTALLY UNANONYMOUS

This contest will probably take place around the holiday season. You can feel free to form teams now, although I'm not going to be recording any of them now, so if you post your teams now, you may have to do it again when the contest actually comes around.

Feel free to post any comments/questions.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by DGJ » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:20 am

just to clarify, you can only step a particular difficulty once? like you couldn't make two heavy charts for the tournament.
Image Image
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Great concept. Really looking forward to this.
Posting Member

by Titiln » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:40 pm

tag team back again
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by Rage* » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Sounds great fun!!!
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Yeah, this is gonna be lotsa' fun as long as somebody doesn't drop the baton. *glares*
Posting Member

by Rage* » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm very excited.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 pm

DGJ wrote:just to clarify, you can only step a particular difficulty once? like you couldn't make two heavy charts for the tournament.

I've been going back and forth on whether to make a rule for this, but because of the different teams and variations in members, it'll be too messy to try to say any specific rule/keep track of who's doing what.

The main thing I don't want to see is the same person doing the same chart for all three of his files, taking away the chart from someone else. (Especially since some only play the heavy charts).

So with that said, nobody can do more than 2 heavy charts.

You guys can figure it out how to handle the rest, who does what. I'm not going to sit here and police the teams. Figure it out, send me the files once the time comes, and we're good to go.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Juub005 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Titiln wrote:tag team back again

ahahahahahaha
Posting Member

by Kamek » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 pm

I think I'll pass on this one. Interesting concept but I don't typically like to work in teams.

Also still got a nasty aftertaste of massive failure from BM2. I gotta get back into sim shape!
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

In my mind it seems that Team Name = Song Name.

I am wondering how we make a team name without giving away the song genre. Not only that but how do we recruit people without saying "hey, I wanna have this Team Name because that's the style of song I want to do. So you'll never guess what song I'm doing (sarcasm)."

You could go about it 3 ways?; Get 2 people to sign-up for a Team Name you came up with; thus you (possibly) give away your name as a part of the entrants to (another possibly) an obvious song. Or you PM the people to do a song based on what they have done before; either graphic style, step chart, extras, etc. Otherwise you create some Name that has no relation to whatever it is you're doing; like say "Team Awesome" and they do something with a soft melody.

Does this make sense?
Posting Member

by Zounder » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:57 pm

LK4D4 wrote:In my mind it seems that Team Name = Song Name.

I am wondering how we make a team name without giving away the song genre. Not only that but how do we recruit people without saying "hey, I wanna have this Team Name because that's the style of song I want to do. So you'll never guess what song I'm doing (sarcasm)."

You could go about it 3 ways?; Get 2 people to sign-up for a Team Name you came up with; thus you (possibly) give away your name as a part of the entrants to (another possibly) an obvious song. Or you PM the people to do a song based on what they have done before; either graphic style, step chart, extras, etc. Otherwise you create some Name that has no relation to whatever it is you're doing; like say "Team Awesome" and they do something with a soft melody.

Does this make sense?

The contest is not anonymous, if that's what your concern is. Otherwise, I have no clue what you're talking about. :shock:
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:24 am

But wouldn't that make people biased on rating higher/lower because they know what the person has created in the past?

I'm just wondering about the whole process of judging.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:52 am

LK4D4 wrote:But wouldn't that make people biased on rating higher/lower because they know what the person has created in the past?

Most contests are not anonymous. nDDRo was the first to experiment with it, then DDRExtreme.co.uk (Now DDREvolved) followed suit, then Best Mix adopted it. However, it's gotten to the point where people know who did what for a good portion of the files anyway. So judges know who did what (for the most part) anyway.

But regardless of that, you just have to trust the judges they won't be biased. And in the whole history of simfile contests I've seen, I have never seen any serious bias in judging. There was a small concern about it years ago, which led to the first ever anonymous contest, but otherwise there's been no issues.
Last edited by Zounder on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Zounder wrote:
LK4D4 wrote:But wouldn't that make people biased on rating higher/lower because they know what the person has created in the past?

Most contests are not anonymous. DDRExtreme.co.uk (Now DDREvolved) was the first to experiment with it, I think some nDDRo tourneys were like that, then Best Mix adopted it. However, it's gotten to the point where people know who did what for a good portion of the files anyway. So judges know who did what (for the most part) anyway.

But regardless of that, you just have to trust the judges they won't be biased. And in the whole history of simfile contests I've seen, I have never seen any serious bias in judging. There was a small concern about it years ago, which led to the first ever anonymous contest, but otherwise there's been no issues.

nDDRo ran the first ever anonymous contest. :)
This special title makes me look cool.

Next