Prize $ = joke?

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

Prize $ = joke?

by hellrazor » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Hmm, it's been a long time now and I don't think any prize $ has been awarded, I personally didn't plan on sticking around here as long as I have I only check back to see if I got any PM for Chumek's paypal which he hasn't even established yet.

In fact I think the other three winners all declined the $, my first comment was that if anyone declines then the prize should continue down the line (ie. 5th, 6th, 7th but BlueSS said he would just keep the $ for the next contest and I would pay out Chumek. So I check here every day and I'm getting sick of it.

Future contests should require PayPal information in the registration with no excuses, and winners should NOT be allowed to decline, otherwise it seems that winners don't want to recieve $ and we should instead find a more reasonable prize (ddrextreme.co.uk used to feature winners as simfile artists), or maybe even just video someone playing the simfile in an arcade.

Or perhaps let the people brainstorm for reasonable prizes... Maybe the top 3 finishers get to advance to the finals in the next simfile competiton.

As for me, I'm ready to abandon this place but I'll wait one more week to see if I ever get the PM I've been waiting for.
Posting Member

by Trick Master Mint » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 pm

I need some money. If it all breaks down, I'll take it.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Who won a ddrextreme.co.uk contest and became a featured author?
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:42 am

Super_Ray wrote:Who won a ddrextreme.co.uk contest and became a featured author?

Mecklar accepted and I think Snap won and declined.
Posting Member

by Shadowman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:57 am

Titin has received his prize, and has eaten some delicious cake.

Re: Prize $ = joke?

by BLueSS » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 pm

hellrazor wrote:Future contests should require PayPal information in the registration with no excuses, and winners should NOT be allowed to decline, otherwise it seems that winners don't want to recieve $ and we should instead find a more reasonable prize.

Getting *everyone's* paypal in advance is a little intruding, not to mention not everyone has or wants to get one just to enter the tournament.

As for me, I'm ready to abandon this place but I'll wait one more week to see if I ever get the PM I've been waiting for.

I haven't heard back from Chumek at all. I don't know if he wants it or not.

In a few days it'll be a month since the tournament has been over. I'd say that's a long enough time to claim a prize before it expires. :?

But yes, in an odd way, Titiln received the prize #Infinity gave him. The only person to receive a prize was someone not in the top 4. :lol:

I'm going to try a $ prize one more time for the Winter Bestmix with just my money that wasn't used this time, and see what happens then.

Any other prize ideas are welcome.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by will-i-am » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 pm

Give the $ to me and I'll buy everyone a big, fat sticker to paste on their heads that reads, "DeeDeeArr Nerdz!", or whatever floats your boat. Hopefully, the price tag on these vintage items isn't at over $9000.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:10 pm

I think many of the people who enter these competitions have moral objections of a sort to receiving money for their files.
Posting Member

by Titiln » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:57 am

EXCEPT FOR ME!
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by DGJ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 am

and me! (give me the money!!)
Image Image
Posting Member

by Zounder » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey, I'll take that trickle down idea. (*is first on the list, according to standings* =D)

But seriously, yeah, maybe next time it'll work out.
Posting Member