Stepmania's StepMix?

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

Stepmania's StepMix?

by BLueSS » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:33 am

Anyone still enter in that contest? I entered a team file in the first one, but haven't cared since I saw the results that came out for the first one.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Dark Luke » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:04 am

I threw in a few stuff for Stepmix 1:
Mana - New original composition made for Stepmix 1
I Sawed the Demons E2M1 - my remix of a Doom song (already submitted to ddrextreme.co.uk video game mix before):
Dark Emperor 2 - my bad composition made during my early high school day, and it sucked (and an old stepfile)

The song took a long time to compose with my puny Noteworthy Composer, a few soundfonts, and the yucky creative soundfont bank manager.

Back then there were no user rating/commenting system so there were hardly any comments (except about 2 on ddruk's thread). Now with the rating/commenting system hopefully it should be somewhat better now.

Haven't went out composing any songs for a long time, so no for the moment.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 am

I entered the first one with like 7 files. Got 4th place, and $50 I need to extract out of PayPal with the jaws of life (they deactivated the account on me, and most of the info used to open it is defunct since I moved). After seeing how crappy 1) the entries and 2) the judging were, I swore it off.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 am

jammitch! wrote:After seeing how crappy 1) the entries

Now that is a TRUE statement.
Posting Member

by Jezendar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:28 pm

I have not entered any of the StepMix contests. I didn't even know that StepMix 3 existed until I read this thread, and then checked the news on the StepMania site.

I did download the original StepMix sometime after the contest ended. Out of the 90+ entries in the pack, I ended up keeping only nine simfiles (not counting those files I already had downloaded from other sites; Jammitch's Grip file and all three of Dark Luke's entries, for instance).

For the record, I just now went and actually looked at the final results for StepMix 1, and none of those files were among the ones I've kept. Some of these were more than likely dropped because I simply didn't like the song, but the fact that I didn't keep any of them means I'm inclined to agree with the statements Jammitch and Hellrazor have already made.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:23 am

I kept about 10 as well from StepMix 1, from StepMix 2 I kept 1 simfile which leads me to not want to even waste my time with StepMix 3.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:02 am

Entered 1 from StepMix 2, entering at least 1 from StepMix 3.

(Also, 1000th post on the forum! Woo!)
Posting Member

by Raf » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:36 pm

I entered stepmix 2 but they don't like 7 footers round them parts. If you seriously want to win, include a 15 foot oni chart with mines, hands, and rolls.
Posting Member

by Wellian » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:52 am

Raf wrote:If you seriously want to win, mash your face into your keyboard.

fixd4u
Posting Member