FINAL RESULTS & Authors Revealed!

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

FINAL RESULTS & Authors Revealed!

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:12 pm

RESULTS
In what almost seemed like an unexpected ending, Vodka was in 2nd place for the majority of this voting round, and I was honestly thinking it was going to be dethroned from the seat it was holding tight onto.

But in the end, it remained fate that the song about Drunk Russians would win the first BEST-mix.

FIRST PLACE WINNER - $35 Prize
VODKA
Author: Chmurek
Final Score: 95.68

HOWEVER, in a surprising turn of events, votes for Lady*Chopper came out in full force, giving it a jump from 5th place to 2ND, barely beating out third place.

SECOND PLACE WINNER - $20 Prize
LADY CHOPPER
Author: Xythar
Final Score: 94.85

I would also like to say that one vote is all that made the difference between the top 3 places. So if you wanted a song to win but didn't vote, oh well. :P

THIRD PLACE WINNER - $10 Prize
FRONTAL IMPACT
Author: #Infinity
Final Score: 93.76

And proving that a song from the bottom entries can still place in the top four is Wish!

FOURTH PLACE WINNER - $5 Prize
WISH
Author: Ebisumaru
Final Score: 88.24

Fifth: Darling
Author: Zounder
Final Score: 86.42

Sixth: Nettaiya
Author: DJG
Final Score: 86.41 Yes, that's 6th place by 0.01

Seventh: The Game of Love
Author: will-i-am
Final Score: 86.38

Eighth: Onna ni Sachi Are
Author: sanchny
Final Score: 83.19

FULL TOP 8 VOTING RESULTS

Full simfile artist registrations (who made what) & Anonymous Judges Revealed

I would like to add a big thank you to all the judges, everyone who put time into making a PR, and EVERYONE who entered, voted, downloaded, or passed files onto a friend.

Spork! will be compiling the results from the author guesses and posting those as soon as he gets a chance.

IF YOU WON, contact me and I'll give you the info on how you're going to get your prize.

BEFORE YOU ALL GO THOUGH, I'm not making you wait another full year before the next tournament here.
WINTER BEST-mix (still to be named)
Few Changes:
Judges - GONE.
Presentation Judging - Revamped, and properly implemented.
Approval Voting - Revamped, and definitely not as drawn out as it was here.
Anonymous entries - ?? Maybe, maybe not.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have about the tournament, good or bad - BUT, if it's bad, you need to give a reason and what you would have liked to see instead.

Once again, thank you to everyone that participated and I'll look forward to seeing entries from everyone in the near future.

-Jonathan / BLueSS
Last edited by BLueSS on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by DGJ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 pm

v:Dv

whoa, i just noticed i was outscored by DARLING by only .01 point. talk about close results
Image Image
Posting Member

by Lisek » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:21 am

Congratulations for Chmurek and for others in top 8 too. 3 from 4 of my votes were in top 4 (missed only with Nettaiya - Frontal Impact).

The tournament was pretty fun, but I was pissed because of judge nr 2, which gave me only 2/30 points for SUKI which scored 5th in Public Review. Let me guess, you don't like jPOP Lilina? Other judges than Lilina were giving points ok (in B1 and in B2).

About changes in Winter BEST-MIX, yeah, taking off judging by judges is a good idea. Public reviews are based on more people, so more opinions, so it is more true than verdict of one person.

Once again, thanks for the contest, and count me in for the next one.
Posting Member

by Rainbow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:32 am

Congratulations to everyone, but especially the winners, of course. From my 4 votes, only 1 made it into the top 4 (Vodka, of course), while the other three ended up pretty close (places 5, 6 and 7) to each other.

It has been a great pleasure playing all of the files you guys submitted, and I hope Winter BEST-MIX (or whatever the name is going to be) will become just as great as BEST-MIX #1 turned out to be. :D
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 am

7th? Not bad, considering out of 51 entries! I was hoping at least a 4th place spot, but the race was extremely tight. Congrats to Chmurek (whoever you are...), Xythar, #Infinity, and Ebisumaru, our only nDDRo prize winner.

P.S. HOLY! 5th place and 7th were only away by .04! I DEMAND A RECOUNT! :wink:
Last edited by will-i-am on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:21 am

Lisek wrote:About changes in Winter BEST-MIX, yeah, taking off judging by judges is a good idea.

I'm not so sure. We had a few really bad judges, but we also had a few really bad public reviewers, and the public plays Heavy or Challenge (if present) once and rates the whole file based on that.
Posting Member

by TakeWalker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:41 am

Awesome. :D Good job to the top contenders, and I think extra congrats are in order for Ebisumaru who, above all, showed you can do damn well in a simfile contest with a 5-footer. And damn good 5-footer at that.

As for the contest itself, I think the only downside was the drama, but you'll have that pretty much anywhere, it seems. :| Changing who judges I would say is almost a necessity, and a better idea than getting rid of them altogether. I also liked having a whole contest that was anonymous, I think you ought to keep it that way. If nothing else, it's something we can point to as indicative of this contest.

And man, I was way off on pretty much all my guesses (Frontal Impact was a gimme). Now I wish I'd written them down. But I remember I had something pegged as zeh, and something else pegged as ranatalus/Jamis. But I liked Yamato Nadeshiko anyway, good jorb ratlus. :o
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 am

Wow, third place! Thanks to everyone for the support! :o

However, having won 3rd place overall, I would like to hand over my $10 prize to Titiln for his fantastic entry, She Blinded Me With Science. Really, I don't need money to be happy with my performance in the tournament; it's sweet enough that I've managed to improve my rankings after my disappointing (to me) placements during ROCK OUT with DDRExtreme and Cheesemix 4. I can honestly say that I'm shocked that She Blinded Me With Science failed to advance to the finals, as it was perhaps my favorite entry in the entire competition. Titiln, you deserve an honorable mention for your performance, and for that, you can have the money I won. Spend it wisely.
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:27 am

Look at how judge #2 treated my entry... :cry:

With this reason I agree judges should be either eliminated, or bring down their weights by a lot.

People seem to hate crossovers and advanced turns.
Posting Member

by Ninevolt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:46 am

Dark Luke wrote:People seem to hate crossovers and advanced turns.

qft

Especially when my file was heavy with that. I lol'd every time somebody complained about how hard it was. Seems like straight-forward no-frills steps are what people want. People like what they are capable of playing.

I have a new version of Hold the Line with different Heavy and Oni steps. The original heavy is now an edit called "PIU Conversion". Heavy and Oni are both 9's. If anybody is interested, shoot a PM.
Posting Member

by Lisek » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:27 am

Dark Luke wrote:Look at how judge #2 treated my entry... :cry:

With this reason I agree judges should be either eliminated, or bring down their weights by a lot.

http://best-mix.net/BM1_Files/b1/judge2/danzai.txt
http://best-mix.net/BM1_Files/b1/judge2/suki.txt

But you at least got some points for steps, and my file was nearly rated like over 9000.
And I'm wondering. Yamato Nadeshiko scoring was taken out because it was low. But then, why our scorings weren't taken out?
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:32 pm

TakeWalker wrote:Awesome. :D Good job to the top contenders, and I think extra congrats are in order for Ebisumaru who, above all, showed you can do damn well in a simfile contest with a 5-footer. And damn good 5-footer at that.

There was also Kousui in ddrex's World Tour mix.

Anyway, congrats to Chmurek. Vodka was a pretty well made simfile, imo. :)
Also, a big thankyou to everyone who helped my file advance as far as it did. :)
Last edited by Super_Ray on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Considering that I thought I was going to get bludgeoned hard, I actually have been proven wrong...in a good way...sorta (I made it through the opening round! Finally!!)
Posting Member

by Xythar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:47 pm

I totally called zeh's file so there >_>

Thanks to everyone who voted for mine!
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Wow, it's weird to see the author names up there. And congrats to the top 4! I loved almost all of you, lol.

Oh, congrats to everyone else, too. ;D
Posting Member

Next