Anyone still make ITG simfiles?

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by Hainaut » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:53 pm

I was a little disappointed that there'd be no ITG division (or even Wildcard Round for that matter) in Best-Mix Tournament, as I really wanted another shot after that lazy creation that was A Voice Spoke To Me, which I honestly only entered into OSC 5 just for the fun of it (I wasn't initially planning on submitting something into the ITG bracket).
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:07 pm

Style Divisions (ITG, Keyboard, other styles) are definitely not going away, I just wanted to see how much interest was still out there for ITG files.

How would you guys like to see the style divisions in the future? Would you want something like the 3 separate divisions seen in OSC 5, or as a wildcard round, or something totally and completely different?
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Skorpion9x » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:14 pm

I mostly make keyboard files, though I guess you could say the easier keyboard files could pass as ITG files (hopefully soon DDR files, they are beginning to add challenging steps to songs). I sometimes make sims that are more DDRish than ITG. However, I never use mines or anything. Never liked mines.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:39 pm

BLueSS wrote:Style Divisions (ITG, Keyboard, other styles) are definitely not going away, I just wanted to see how much interest was still out there for ITG files.

How would you guys like to see the style divisions in the future? Would you want something like the 3 separate divisions seen in OSC 5, or as a wildcard round, or something totally and completely different?

I'm definitely all for the style divisions. The wildcard round might be good, too. I think it should be determined by either public vote or having all the wild card contestants (say, the 1st one to four files that don't advance) should make a new heavy chart for a song that did advance, or make a chart for it in a different style (eg; ITG or keyboard).
Posting Member

by Raf » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 pm

sanchny wrote:No. I've made two files with mines, but both were a joke.

same here
Posting Member

by Xythar » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:19 pm

sanchny wrote:No. I've made two files with mines, but both were a joke.

Namida Girl expert was one of my most played charts of OSC5 :(

BLueSS wrote:Style Divisions (ITG, Keyboard, other styles) are definitely not going away, I just wanted to see how much interest was still out there for ITG files.

The OSC5 system was fine, I'd like to see that again. The only issue really was the lack of judges for KB but that's something that you can't fix by turning it into a bonus round, really.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:59 pm

I think, if we were to have 3 style divisions, that the divisions should be spread throughout the year. For example, DDR could be during the summer, ITG during the fall-winter, and KB during the winter-spring. These don't have to be in the exact same order/format, but I think something on the lines of this would work. Having 3 huge brackets all smushed into 1 tournament can get a little stressful for the judges and the simfile makers, but by spreading them out at different times during the year, this allows more time for the simfile makers to really concentrate on that one style for their entry.
Posting Member

by TakeWalker » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:49 am

And also means that some people are only going to be here during one season. <.<
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:58 am

I like to make ITG styled simfiles. But more than that, I like to play them.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:25 am

will-i-am wrote:I think, if we were to have 3 style divisions, that the divisions should be spread throughout the year. For example, DDR could be during the summer, ITG during the fall-winter, and KB during the winter-spring. These don't have to be in the exact same order/format, but I think something on the lines of this would work. Having 3 huge brackets all smushed into 1 tournament can get a little stressful for the judges and the simfile makers, but by spreading them out at different times during the year, this allows more time for the simfile makers to really concentrate on that one style for their entry.

That's not a bad idea, actually.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:05 am

I don't care as much whether or not we have more than one division. I just think it's fun to enter more than one file.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:24 am

alphabet55 wrote:I don't care as much whether or not we have more than one division. I just think it's fun to enter more than one file.

You should check out our contests at ddrextreme.co.uk. You can enter up to 6 files (lately, it's been 2 judged (as long as one of your judged entries is anonymous) and up to 4 non-judged, or 5 non-judged if you have only 1 judged entry) The structure for our next contest (ddrextreme.co.uk: revisited) may be a bit different,tho.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:21 pm

Super_Ray wrote:
alphabet55 wrote:I don't care as much whether or not we have more than one division. I just think it's fun to enter more than one file.

You should check out our contests at ddrextreme.co.uk. You can enter up to 6 files (lately, it's been 2 judged (as long as one of your judged entries is anonymous) and up to 4 non-judged, or 5 non-judged if you have only 1 judged entry) The structure for our next contest (ddrextreme.co.uk: revisited) may be a bit different,tho.

I'll have to look into that. :wink:
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:01 pm

I don't see them as DDR/ITG steps. I see them as SM steps. =\

But I guess I make both. I don't overcomplicate sometimes and other times I feel it necessary to up the ante a bit. It all depends on the song and style, I guess.

Although I don't use mines/rolls. Never really could get them to feel right.

I prefer DDR style steps in ITG-esque courses though. Can't stand Expert 11s modded to hell and back. Lacks fun for me.
Posting Member

by Jezendar » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Like some that have posted before, I don't try to pigeonhole my charts into "DDR"- or "ITG"-style charts; I just make steps that I think would be fun. Overall, I do enjoy many aspects of both games, and I am still interested in creating charts with those aspects that would be disallowed in a DDR-only competition.
Posting Member

Previous