CURRENT SCORES (w/PR'S added in)

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

CURRENT SCORES (w/PR'S added in)

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:12 pm

These are the scores with PR's added in for all the files so far.

The files with gold are the ones moving on automatically to the first approval voting round.

There are 25 files, the top 15 will move on. The score for moving on will be based only on the next round's voting points.

NEXT ROUND: (Starting Thursday Afternoon/Night) You will be allowed to vote for as many of the files that moved on and up to two wildcard files (if you want to). If there is a wildcard file that receives enough votes to be in the top 15, they will move on.

SEMI-FINALS: This round will be like the approval voting round setup already, and only the top 8 will move on. Points from this vote will be added to the accumulated scores you see here.

FINALS: One last approval voting point round to be added to the points accumulated from the previous round. Top 4 win prizes.

CURRENT SCORES
Last edited by BLueSS on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by TakeWalker » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:41 am

So, to get things straight, we're going to vote only for the songs in yellow in that chart, right? And then up to two other songs if we so desire. The fact that there are two submissions in white within the yellow area is just a tad confusing.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 am

TakeWalker wrote:So, to get things straight, we're going to vote only for the songs in yellow in that chart, right? And then up to two other songs if we so desire. The fact that there are two submissions in white within the yellow area is just a tad confusing.

Correct.

The two white songs in the yellow area were ones liked by the public that didn't move on by judges scores, so if people really liked them they could vote for them (or any other white file) as wildcard entries.
Site Admin

by alphabet55 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

So are we allowed to vote for our own entry?
Posting Member

by DGJ » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:14 am

why did you change it from the original system you had decided? from the looks of things, it seems like the end result will end up mirroring the public review results.
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Well, it really hasn't changed a whole lot; all I did was add in one more voting round.
It shouldn't end up mirroring the PR's at all.
This first voting round doesn't affect the scores at all.

1) Not that many people did PR's (especially for B2)
compared to the number of active people who know how to know if a file should win or not.

2) Do you really want the bulk of bracket 1 to be based off DJP, judge 2, and an average of PR's?

3) Using the old system, the weight for approval voting was going to be about 100 points split up among the votes. I will be adjusting the numbers of what these two votes weigh to make it slightly weighted more towards the public's opinion over the judges' scores.

Out of 80 points possible for a perfect file, the 30 that could have come from PR's is only 37.5% so far. These two scoring vote rounds still give plenty of room for people to even out the judges' scoring.

With 15 files, a 100 point weighted vote will only give an avg of 6.7 points (maybe 15 for a really popular file).
With the 8 files, a 50 point weighted vote is 6.25 points per file averaged, or again maybe 15 for a really popular file.

The total points possible for each file would then be 50 (judges) + 30 (PR) + 15 (high - vote1) + 15 (high - vote2) = 110 total possible points.

That's only 54.5% for the public's opinions on who should win, so I really don't see how the results are going to mirror the PR's at all.
Site Admin

by TakeWalker » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Has the voting started yet? c.c Is this via the board, or via PMing you?
Posting Member