This may be long, but you might agree.

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by hellrazor » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:04 pm

DJ Potatoe wrote:And as far as my opinions go involving ITG, I believe that the whole game is a "joke song" but that's neither here nor there.

Actually that's extremely relevant since it shows your bias clearly. My opinion of a joke song is one that makes you laugh, neither 11th hour or the Max300 which are extremely hard seemed like joke songs, in fact only Jar of Dirt and 9000 seemed like joke entries (although that's not reason enough to deduct from a score!!) all songs should be treated fairly.

Perhaps what we needed here was a difficulty cap, such that entries were not allowed to be harder than Max 300 or some pretty tough song, and then the two songs in question could be thrown out for rule violation but at least we could be assured that judges would be capable of judging every song.
Posting Member

by Titiln » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 pm

i kinda agreed with dj potatoe until i actually read the judging that was discarded Image
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by DJ Potatoe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Hellrazor, I agree with you. It should only be a joke song if it makes you laugh, which Eleventh Hour did for me. So, remember that I stuck to your reasoning here whether or not you believe me. Also, I agree that judging (even on joke entries) should be fair, which, if you read, I did give Over 9000 a score. Also, I didn't call Max 300 a joke song...just for clarification.

Remember, my main reasoning for the lack of score is the "shouldn't have been qualified from the start" discussion. Not really the joke factor.

*edit*Titiln, did you read any of the judging except for Eleventh Hour?

Ebisumaru, same question as contestant "Titlin."
Last edited by DJ Potatoe on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Titiln » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:18 pm

uh yeah i did

EDIT: please get my name right for your next post, "dj potatoe"
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by DJ Potatoe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm

Titiln, That was a typo in my quick retort. My apologies as I didn't mean to deface your name in any way.

Also, I'll assume that was a crack at the "E" in my alias.

So everyone's up to par (and a lot of people don't know this) the DJ Potatoe nickname was given to me (with incorrect spelling on purpose) by my late friend John Wagner who passed away in 2002 from bone cancer.

Rest in peace, John. I still miss you. :cry:

I also believe I've answered everything to the best of my ability. I hope everyone enjoys playing all the Best Mix files, and most importantly, I hope everyone has fun. I don't want to spend all of my time hanging around here when I'm behind on a bunch of work. Take care, all. See you in the next round. :wink:

-DJ Potatoe
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:04 pm

DJ Potatoe wrote:I also believe I've answered everything to the best of my ability.

Ok, I guess you didn't think to respond to my post, so I'll rephrase it.

Don't you think BLueSS would have disqualified any files that needed disqualifying before they even got this far?
Posting Member

by Ninevolt » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:25 pm

DJ Potatoe wrote:Listen guys, I'm not here to start any fights. I kept myself clear of all the arguing involved with the rest of the tournament on purpose.

Yes, I thought it was a joke entry, and obviously you do not. Also, ninevolt, I can pass most of the boss songs in DDR, including a AAA on Max 300 (though this was several years ago). I haven't played much recently because of the multiple projects that occupy my time, but I try to get a few rounds in every now and again. Oh, and, Ninevolt, your argument involving the ITG boss songs is the exact opposite of what I'm talking about. Please re-read.

And as far as my opinions go involving ITG, I believe that the whole game is a "joke song" but that's neither here nor there.

If you guys need any clarification regarding anything else, just ask I suppose.

Peace.

-DJ Potatoe

I don't see how that was the opposite of what you're talking about. I was making a parallel comparison.

As much as I would love to re-read your post, I don't feel like wasting my time picking through the irrelevant and repetitive blabber muddled through it.

As for your Max 300 AAA, pix or it didn't happen.

DJ Potatoe wrote:If you (the reader) can pass that file on your feet on heavy, then I will admit my "wrong doings."

Says the person who claims to have AAA'd Max 300. I'll gladly resynch it for r21 and probably 96+ it sight read.
Last edited by Ninevolt on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by sanchny » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:34 pm

BlueSS was completely right in throwing out your reviews.

DJ Potatoe wrote:Well, since the file is too difficult to be considered a DDR song (at least in my opinion) then technically it would have been booted from the get go,

It's not your call to judge if it's too difficult for DDR.
Yamato Nadeshiko is harder and requires more stamina on Heavy. YN's Oni is MUCH harder than 11th's heavy. 11th just requires high-bpm reading skills. Put it on a c-mod, and it's very playable.

Max Period is much worse, and that was in DDR. I hate to base my argument on "this one song is in DDR, and it had the same thing!", and that's not really my main point. 11th's main problem is the stupid BPM; and even in those sections, the steps are pretty spread out. Like I said before, if the bpm hadn't been doubled, it would be kind of good. The bpm doubling doesn't merit giving it 0s across the board and insulting it like you did.
Its difficulty is actually not that hard; BlueSS asked how 11th compares to other boss songs in DDR, and my answer to that is that it's fairly easy. It has a lot of easy sections to get the life bar back up and doesn't require high stamina throughout the whole thing.

DJ Potatoe wrote:If you (the reader) can pass that file on your feet on heavy, then I will admit my "wrong doings."

You shouldn't base your judging on whether one person out there somewhere can pass it or not. Aside from that, it's easily passable because of what I said above. Hell, I can tell that I can pass it (no mods) without even having played it on feet. I'd take you up on your challenge if I could get my hands on a video camera.

DJ Potatoe wrote:Remember, my main reasoning for the lack of score is the "shouldn't have been qualified from the start" discussion. Not really the joke factor.

Your review of it only gave "This is a joke! 0!" as your justification for completely trashing it.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:35 pm

This isn't Tournamix anymore. You have to give more justification than a single "Crap." if you're giving any part of an entry a low score. The purpose of judging is to actually give relevant feedback. I understand that you thought it was a joke entry--but if it's true that BlueSS told you to change it, you should've changed it!
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:46 pm

You should never assume that a simfile is a joke entry.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 pm

ATTN Potatoe:

You certainly put a lot of effort into those reviews, some of them were very insightful, however, others were plain bullcrap (with all respect). Just because you dislike ITG so much doesn't mean that you can't treat harder simfiles with the same open mind that you treat the easier ones you seem to like so much. There is a difference between doing good hard charts and bad hard charts (this is where ITG went awfully wrong), difference that you apparently can't see since you treated so harshly "The Eleventh Hour", "Good Bye", "Inferno" and some others.

You apparently haven't played too much SuperNOVA or seen much of the upcoming SuperNOVA 2. 7-footers aren't 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 anymore. 8 footers now look more like 9's, 9's are much harder now, and 10s are just insane (and I'm not incluiding Dead End ~GRS~, which should NOT be taken seriously anyways).

Honestly, I doubt that you have AAA'd Max300. Someone of that level should be able to BREEZE through something like Good Bye [Challenge], and would never call The Eleventh Hour "unplayable". There is nothing wrong with trying to get some attention from higher level players, you make it look like only 8s and 9s are allowed to win/do well at simfile competitions. And I know what I'm talking about, I HAVE AAA'd Max300 and quite a few other 10-footers.

It makes me really sad that all that effort you put there went down the drain, but honestly, I'm glad it was that way.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:18 pm

It's always so nice when everyone is on the same page.

...Except DJ Potatoe, I guess. :roll:
Posting Member

by DGJ » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:22 pm

just fix the problems dj potatoe :(
Image Image
Posting Member

by Aki » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 am

DGJ wrote:just fix the problems dj potatoe :(

same here. It's never too late

go DJP. please be less harsher.
Posting Member

by GimmeTOKYO » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:22 pm

What in the god damn fuck @ this thread. Seriously.
Posting Member

PreviousNext