ATTN: People who always know better than I do.

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

ATTN: People who always know better than I do.

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:33 pm

forget it.
Last edited by BLueSS on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by CoreyBlaze » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 pm

Ohh, I had hopes to put mine (of both B1 and B2) right on wednesday, but I just haven't had enough time to play most of the B2 simfiles, let alone post honest-to-god, non-rushed reviews by tomorrow. Oh well, hehe.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Ah, sorry about that. Next time do it sooner. :wink:
Site Admin

by tammie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Wow, that's professional.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:06 pm

For CoreyBlaze's sake, I don't think it was a wise move to shorten the deadline for public reviews, as many people prefer to manage their time in order to post everything at the last minute, so setting the deadline to an earlier date is simply a call of rush that causes most reviewers to be unable to finish their comments.
Last edited by Hainaut on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by DGJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:07 pm

is there a reason for this change?
Image Image
Posting Member

by tammie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:08 pm

No seriously, how can you set a deadline and then tell someone they should have finished it sooner if they want it to count?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:38 pm

DGJ wrote:is there a reason for this change?

Why would I want to do it if there wasn't? :?

Can someone tell me anything that's been "professional" about this tournament, and why it needs to be such? Really. I can understand why people complain, but I'm bustin my ass trying to make this tournament work.

Instead of people complaining, get off your butt and offer to help. On second though, I don't know if that'll be any better because you'll complain when I didn't do it exactly the way you thought I should.

Deadline moved back to Wednesday, because I don't care anymore. :roll:

This post has been brewing for a while, and while this thread is part of it, it isn't directed to everyone in this thread. And I'm tired - but come on guys, if you don't like the way something is, do something BESIDES being an ass and complaining about everything you think I did wrong.
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:39 pm

This tournament has been more frustrating than any I have ran before, so please don't make it worse.
Site Admin

by DGJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 pm

BLueSS wrote:
DGJ wrote:is there a reason for this change?

Why would I want to do it if there wasn't? :?

i dunno, you didn't give a reason and my post was kind of asking why

BLueSS wrote:Instead of people complaining, get off your butt and offer to help. On second though, I don't know if that'll be any better because you'll complain when I didn't do it exactly the way you thought I should.

BLueSS wrote:And I'm tired - but come on guys, if you don't like the way something is, do something BESIDES being an ass and complaining about everything you think I did wrong.

i think most of the frustration is the missed deadlines, and in that case, how are we supposed to do anything to fix that? those that are in bracket 1 (and likely have the most interest in seeing those results) can't exactly offer to judge that bracket.

that, and calling people "lazy" if they haven't done their PRs yet, several days before the deadline, is kind of lame
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 pm

DGJ wrote:i think most of the frustration is the missed deadlines, and in that case, how are we supposed to do anything to fix that? those that are in bracket 1 (and likely have the most interest in seeing those results) can't exactly offer to judge that bracket.

Stuff like that isn't stuff that can be fixed by you guys. And I'm very thankful you guys have been patient regarding that.

Please just continue to be patient with the rest of the tournament. The "lazy people" thing wasn't to be derogatory at all.

And if someone can tell me why bemani has become :serious business: I would really like to know. :?
Site Admin

by Wellian » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 pm

BLueSS wrote:And if someone can tell me why bemani has become :serious business: I would really like to know. :?

Because the internet is serious business, and Bemani is now more important than life to some people.
Posting Member

by Sakura_Guy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:40 am

BLueSS wrote:This tournament has been more frustrating than any I have ran before

cough cough OSC5 cough coguh
Finally finished some sims.
Get Them Here!
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:23 am

Sakura_Guy wrote:
BLueSS wrote:This tournament has been more frustrating than any I have ran before

cough cough OSC5 cough coguh

I'm pretty sure OSC5 was run by Neko Incardine, but yeah, I remember all that drama from bracket 1.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:21 am

No, BlueSS was in charge for OSC 5. OSC BoNG was the contest run primarily by NekoIncardine.
Posting Member

Next