Bracket 2 - Discussion

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by BLueSS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Xythar wrote:There's a disturbing trend in this competition where files for songs with awesome videos don't include the video :(

What songs would those be?
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Xythar » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:31 pm

je t'aime je t'aime and Poodle to begin with, and probably others I can't name off the top of my head.
Posting Member

by Sakura_Guy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:31 pm

dark blue and jar of dirt.
Finally finished some sims.
Get Them Here!
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Lisek wrote:I can't unpack this pack. It says 'Not enough disk space' :<.

Well, if you delete the zip with the files in it, I'm sure you'll have enough space for the pack. :P

:wink:
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by sanchny » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:52 am

No announcement at bemanistyle for bracket 2?
Posting Member

Re: Bracket 2 Download & Discussion

by Oni-91 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:07 am

BLueSS wrote:PS: There is a song in this pack which has a high potential for being highly offensive. You have been warned.

I've Got A Jar of Dirt?

That's next on Jack Thompson's To Do List!
Posting Member

by Ninevolt » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:04 am

Amatsu Boss

For all those who whine about doublestepping, you can complain at this one.
Posting Member

Re: Bracket 2 Download & Discussion

by Hainaut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:31 pm

BLueSS wrote:PS: There is a song in this pack which has a high potential for being highly offensive. You have been warned.

I guess this is obviously referring to Down 4 MY N's for its constant profanity.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Why are soooo many files rated low? Did people mistake this for Cheesemix? Cheese and Best are two completely different things; no cheese is the best, except in cheesy cheeze eating contests. But this is no eating cheesy cheeze filled cheese dogs contest. It's a BEST-mix! Cheese does, and always will, stink. A lot. The only way they get to be GOOD-mix quality is if you stick them in the refridgerator for another 25 years. But we didn't wait 25 years for this! We waited what felt like 100 years for a chance to make a simfile competition the best it can possibly be! WE WANT THIS TO BE THE #1 BEST-MIX!!! NOW WHO'S WITH ME?

*cheese filled audience stinks wildly (which is cheering for them)*

NOW LET'S GET OUT THERE AND MAKE THIS THE BESTEST BEST-MIX EVAR!!!

Cheese: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Cheeze: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Except there's one teensy-weensy little problem...

*cheese audience itches scalpy heads while yellow stuff flies out everywhere*

CHEEEEEZE: WHAT?

We can't change the quality of the simfiles...
Posting Member

by Xythar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:29 pm

what the hell are you talking about O_o
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:06 pm

I thought Cheesemix had some great simfiles.
Posting Member

by TakeWalker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:24 pm

Actually, Cheesemix has gotten better every year, in my opinion. However, I have to agree that there are far too many jokefiles in this contest (read: more than 0), and not enough decent quality sims to suggest that everyone was trying to do their "BEST". Of course, that's sort of justifying low scores via the contest title, but stil... Serious business here, people. :P
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm

will-i-am wrote:Why are soooo many files rated low? Did people mistake this for Cheesemix? Cheese and Best are two completely different things; no cheese is the best, except in cheesy cheeze eating contests. But this is no eating cheesy cheeze filled cheese dogs contest. It's a BEST-mix! Cheese does, and always will, stink. A lot. The only way they get to be GOOD-mix quality is if you stick them in the refridgerator for another 25 years. But we didn't wait 25 years for this! We waited what felt like 100 years for a chance to make a simfile competition the best it can possibly be! WE WANT THIS TO BE THE #1 BEST-MIX!!! NOW WHO'S WITH ME?

Your point doesn't make sense to me because the cheesiness of a song doesn't affect how enjoyable it is as a simfile. To be honest, the cheesiness of a song can make it a lot more fun. DDR hosts plenty of popular tracks that fit under that category (i.e., www.blondegirl, Witch Doctor, Love Shine, etc.). It's only bad cheese when the author sacrifices the simfile's quality just for the laughs (recalls TM6's Crazy Bang).

Honestly, I think Cheesemix 4 was possibly the best simfile pack ever released. There were plenty of fun simfiles that weren't intended simply to make people laugh.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 pm

#Infinity wrote:Honestly, I think Cheesemix 4 was possibly the best simfile pack ever released. There were plenty of fun simfiles that weren't intended simply to make people laugh.

I might have to agree with you on that one. It's definitely up there, imo.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Lol, I was just thinking aloud guys, I wasn't being serious. :P I do this a lot! But I was serious about the fact that there are a lot of lower quality simfiles in here than I expected. I'm surprised you all didn't react to my post on - Final Rules w/Judging Information- page 5. Go ahead and check out me super thinking aloud. :wink:
Posting Member

PreviousNext