Bracket 2 - Discussion

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by DGJ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:12 pm

#Infinity wrote:The Game Of Love isn't the only 1st place entry to receive unfavorable comments in the chat reviews - just look at what most people had to say about Vodka.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm does someone know something we don't??
Image Image
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 pm

I was referring to the PR averages quite obviously.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Titiln wrote:i mean musically :D

Haha, ok. The simfile was horrible, so I don't mind you mentioning it (I'm still a little bit surprised that it didn't end up in last place, even though I hate to admit that Komit's steps were worse). I just found it funny that you still remembered that entry.

DGJ wrote:i didn't (i did (i didn't))

Sure...

#Infinity wrote:Actually, no. I'm sure if you're exactly familiar with what "eurobeat" exactly is. Of everyone at nDDRo, only lrxevan steps eurobeat consistently, and even so it takes a good deal of creativity to impress him with a eurobeat simfile.

Also, Frontal Impact is the only eurobeat entry in the entire second bracket. And I don't expect anyone in the chatroom to give it much praise, either.

Yes, Frontal Impact is technically the only eurobeat entry there, but the first half had more simfiles with better graphics than the simfiles in the next half (excluding Jar of Dirt). And I know I'm completely changing the subject, but what I meant by just "eurobeat" are the files with good graphics/song choice, meaning Frontal Impact. I've noticed that most guys on nDDRo are a lot more particular about graphics than the rest of the people on here, which is in their favor since they all make amazing graphics. It's just that I would like to see a change in the turnout of simfile competitions in a way that a simfile doesn't have to be eurobeat (which I know is a terrible example in this specific competition, but I'm using it anyways) or have flashy graphics to win a tournament. If a file has good steps, then it should be eligible to win.

DGJ wrote:
#Infinity wrote:The Game Of Love isn't the only 1st place entry to receive unfavorable comments in the chat reviews - just look at what most people had to say about Vodka.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm does someone know something we don't??

B2 results are out. With Vodka, however, he's referring to PR's.
Posting Member

by DGJ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 pm

will-i-am wrote:B2 results are out.

i know

will-i-am wrote:With Vodka, however, he's referring to PR's.

that's his story at least................
Image Image
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Ooops, lol, sorry.

lol

I posted that before #Infinity commented, and you, but then I edited my post, and... yah.

Anyways, I'm very sure #Infinity doesn't know any more about the "results" than we do.
Posting Member

by Raf » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 pm

Whoever is the author of FRONTAL IMPACT should make the banner say PHOTO IMPACT. That would be quite nice.
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 pm

Whoever did FRONTAL IMPACT: I want the full version. Please. I cannot find it ANYWHERE! Its an addicting song and I like listening to it.

Also, I'm suprised nobody noticed this.
Hold the Line was unoriginal. Anybody can take the PIU steps and move arrows to their proper position in 4-panel. Takes someone with dedication to actually make new steps to the song. Sorry, but whoever did this needs to REALLY redo this. And I would recommend a judge who understands autogenned steps to take a look at the PIU steps and make sure that the person didn't simply autogenerate the steps. It seems like that to me.

As for me not reviewing... er... I got distracted. Of course, I am glad too. I missed out on the unneccesary drama. Plus I got to mess with courses. Expect a modded course featuring 4 songs from this competition soon. (Speaking of which, wasn't there a thread about courses in OSC5? If someone is interesting in making courses with BEST-Mix I'd be willing to try and make a course.)
Posting Member

by Wellian » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:55 am

cpubasic13 wrote:Also, I'm suprised nobody noticed this.
Hold the Line was unoriginal. Anybody can take the PIU steps and move arrows to their proper position in 4-panel. Takes someone with dedication to actually make new steps to the song. Sorry, but whoever did this needs to REALLY redo this. And I would recommend a judge who understands autogenned steps to take a look at the PIU steps and make sure that the person didn't simply autogenerate the steps. It seems like that to me.

I could take a look at it - I've picked out these sorts of things before. I also wonder how many people do a similar thing on doubles for cheap skillless (hey 3 L's in a row!) points.

Edit - Well, I would, if somebody gave me the PIU steps to compare it to...
Last edited by Wellian on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 am

cpubasic13 wrote:Whoever did FRONTAL IMPACT: I want the full version. Please. I cannot find it ANYWHERE! Its an addicting song and I like listening to it.

Ditto.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:06 am

Will someone please post the chat reviews for Bracket 2? That would give the remaining entries some nice input.
Posting Member

by sanchny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm

#Infinity wrote:Will someone please post the chat reviews for Bracket 2? That would give the remaining entries some nice input.

Ebisumaru said he was going to do it. Ebisumaru?
Posting Member

by tammie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:47 pm

will-i-am wrote:
Titiln: can't be worse than hardcore holic

HEY!!!

Whuh?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:20 pm

lol

You don't wanna' know. :lol:
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Anonymous feedback:

I figure it's not too late to make a point about my file, so...

vjgyo wrote:Frontal Impact -
The preview clip was great. The graphics are great. When I started playing the stepchart... that wasn't so great. This could have been SO much more. An 8 footer? Felt like a 5, as it was really easy.

Uh, how is Frontal Impact really easy? I assume you accidentally played the Standard chart based on these comments. Heavy is packed with streams and jumps all over the place and really doesn't scream 5 feet at all.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

PreviousNext