Bracket 2 - Discussion

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by lrxevan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Ebisumaru wrote:This is my impression of you guys:
:roll:

fixed lol
This special title makes me look cool.

by Trick Master Mint » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Some of these responses and reviews are why I hate the rhythm game community. Everyone is so very different in opinion and execution of everything, it makes things stupidly difficult to have an enjoyable competition or even discussion without causing ridiculous drama. Someone had to go and bring up DDR vs. ITG and the stupid Konami/Roxor lawsuit too. Seriously, you're an idiot, some of the reviewers are idiots, and all of this drama is unnecessarily idiotic.
Posting Member

by Raf » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:23 am

Main Entry: pre·sen·ta·tion
Pronunciation: "prE-"zen-'tA-sh&n, "pre-z&n-, "prE-z&n-
Function: noun
1 a : the act of presenting b : the act, power, or privilege especially of a patron of applying to the bishop or ordinary for instituting someone into a benefice
2 : something presented : as a : a symbol or image that represents something b : something offered or given : GIFT c : something set forth for the attention of the mind d : a descriptive or persuasive account (as by a salesman of a product) e : a presenting symptom or group of symptoms <clinical presentation of appendicitis>
3 : the position in which the fetus lies in the uterus in labor with respect to the opening of the uterus
4 : an immediate object of perception, cognition, or memory
5 often capitalized : a church feast on November 21 celebrating the presentation of the Virgin Mary in the temple
6 : the method by which radio, navigation, or radar information is given to the operator (as the pilot of an airplane)
Posting Member

by RVN-G » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:42 am

Trick Master Mint wrote:Some of these responses and reviews are why I hate the rhythm game community. Everyone is so very different in opinion and execution of everything, it makes things stupidly difficult to have an enjoyable competition or even discussion without causing ridiculous drama. Someone had to go and bring up DDR vs. ITG and the stupid Konami/Roxor lawsuit too. Seriously, you're an idiot, some of the reviewers are idiots, and all of this drama is unnecessarily idiotic.
Sad to say, but timely to my current situation, I agree on your statement, esp. at the 1st and the 2nd sentence. Nowadays, a peaceful Bemani/music game discussion is quite nonexistent; somewhat never complete without an argument (most of the time, an useless argument) or the like. It's a sad fact IMO. It was never meant to be like this.
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:21 am

Don't over-react. There is arguing going on here, but it's bound to happen. In competitions people always bicker over the rules in order to protect their interests, it's just the way things are.

No one has been rude or offensive, as far as I can tell.

I would, however, really like to see more discussion on the bracket. We could stand to take this to another thread.

by Super_Ray » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:39 am

lrxevan wrote:I would, however, really like to see more discussion on the bracket. We could stand to take this to another thread.

Good idea! :D

What's everyone's favourites? I liked Frontal Impact, Darling, Kimo No Machi Made, satellite020712 from 'CODED ARMS', and I liked Why Did You Go Away's doubles steps.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:33 am

Super_Ray wrote:What's everyone's favourites? I liked Frontal Impact, Darling, Kimo No Machi Made, satellite020712 from 'CODED ARMS', and I liked Why Did You Go Away's doubles steps.

My favorite from this bracket would have to be Frontal Impact. Closely followed by Kimi no Machi Made and Darling (that slo-mo skateboard scene is so hoaky :wink: ).
Posting Member

by Leoj » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:09 pm

bad organization,poor judging(trying to be "professional" lol that's the less thing i see here.
this sucks,no song here is worth the prize lol(even mine)i'm out of here *leaves dissapointly* oh and my song,don't even bother to review,it just sucks (LGR'N)kthxbai lol arguing on stupid things,when you know what you're doing and u know it will be good then do it...lol
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Leoj wrote:bad organization,poor judging(trying to be "professional" lol that's the less thing i see here.
this sucks,no song here is worth the prize lol(even mine)i'm out of here *leaves dissapointly* oh and my song,don't even bother to review,it just sucks (LGR'N)kthxbai lol arguing on stupid things,when you know what you're doing and u know it will be good then do it...lol

The first casualty. Cruel world, why do you take so many before their time? :cry:
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Leoj wrote:bad organization,poor judging(trying to be "professional" lol that's the less thing i see here.

Judging? No judging has been released yet. :)

by Leoj » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:41 pm

lrxevan wrote:

Judging? No judging has been released yet. :)

i know,sorry if u misunderstood,i meant the people judging...,they just review like they were the sh*t and knew everything oh this has this and that's bad lol,the art sucks because it doesn't fit XD...
Posting Member

by Wellian » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:59 pm

In before chichéd ahi se ven reference. Also in before generic grammar gripes.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Leoj wrote:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06kXXJUddHQ]bad organization,poor judging(trying to be "professional" lol that's the less thing i see here.
this sucks,no song here is worth the prize lol(even mine)i'm out of here *leaves dissapointly* oh and my song,don't even bother to review,it just sucks (LGR'N)kthxbai lol arguing on stupid things,when you know what you're doing and u know it will be good then do it...lol[/url]

Sorry. I couldn't understand anything you just posted.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:08 pm

Leoj, public reviews only count for a part of your score. They're not the official judges either, so you might want to wait until tonight for results.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by DGJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Wellian wrote:In before chichéd ahi se ven reference. Also in before generic grammar gripes.

Super_Ray wrote:Sorry. I couldn't understand anything you just posted.

that didn't take long
Image Image
Posting Member

PreviousNext