Bracket 1 - Discussion

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by TakeWalker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Zounder wrote:TakeWalker:

You accidentally gave Vodka 4/10 when it should be 8/10 ;) Also, the song you are thinking of is Zuppa Romana from World Tour by cheeseman.pl, which I think won the competition.

Oh shit! Thank you for pointing that out, it's fixed. And yeah, I guess that's why it wouldn't feel like ditz's steps. c.c I've actually got a couple ideas on who did what, but it's not worth mentioning really.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm

TakeWalker wrote:I've actually got a couple ideas on who did what, but it's not worth mentioning really.

AKA = "I want to win the $ for guessing correctly." :P

Anyway, another anonymous feedback from an author in reply mostly to the PR's: Carmelldansen (Speedycake Mix)
"I am bothered by a few of the public reviews of my simfile "Caramelldansen (Speedycake Mix)". A few reviewers have commented on the double-steps in the song. I'm not sure where this is coming from, because the charts were designed specifically to be turned in some areas. There are no double-steps at all. Sure, you can double-step those parts, but that is not how the chart was designed, so the awkward moving is a problem on your end, not mine. I was inspired by charts like Star Gate Heaven Heavy Doubles, Afronova Heavy Singles and Doll Challenge Singles that featured interesting turns and crossovers. Please keep this in mind when playing my file. Thank you."
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Leoj » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 pm

lol still on the doublestepping. have you ppl played trim (supernova jp ps2)? XD lol killer doublestepping
Posting Member

by ranatalus » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 am

people that dock points for doublestepping are fucking stupid
Posting Member

by Ninevolt » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:07 am

ranatalus wrote:people that dock points for doublestepping are fucking stupid

srsly

I'm noticing a trend where people just simply don't know how to cross over/turn/spin and just write it off as doublestepping. They probably only played it once and didn't get it the first time, and even if they played it again, probably didn't get it the next time.

edit: So far, after playing all the songs, Danzai no Hana and Hold the Line seem to be the only files that use crossover and turn gimmicks. Not the "I think I'll just throw in one or two crossovers here and there just because."
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:49 am

Double-stepping should be appropriately used, but yes, it sometimes works.
This special title makes me look cool.

by Juub005 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Ninevolt wrote:
ranatalus wrote:people that dock points for doublestepping are fucking stupid

srsly

I'm noticing a trend where people just simply don't know how to cross over/turn/spin and just write it off as doublestepping. They probably only played it once and didn't get it the first time, and even if they played it again, probably didn't get it the next time.

edit: So far, after playing all the songs, Danzai no Hana and Hold the Line seem to be the only files that use crossover and turn gimmicks. Not the "I think I'll just throw in one or two crossovers here and there just because."

I wouldn't call crossovers A. K. A. turns "gimmicks," and the same goes for double-stepping. It's basically whatever works, whatever flows. Also, sometimes the person making the file will put in a crossover, and whoever's playing it will find it more fun to double-step. And the same the other way around. People should consider in their reviews, though, whether something can be less awkward by playing it another way. However, generally this should or does only come up as an in issue infrequently; as in, it's a minor thing, and probably shouldn't affect the big picture too much. I think?
Posting Member

by TakeWalker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:22 pm

BLueSS wrote:
TakeWalker wrote:I've actually got a couple ideas on who did what, but it's not worth mentioning really.

AKA = "I want to win the $ for guessing correctly." :P

AKA, I'm not gonna win for guessing three files. :P
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Leoj wrote:lol still on the doublestepping. have you ppl played trim (supernova jp ps2)? XD lol killer doublestepping

As far as I can remember, there is no doublestepping in SN2's Trim. There are quick two-step taps, but that doesn't count as doublestepping, technically.
Posting Member

by Lilina » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Speaking of doublestepping, there were some files here where I believed they worked quite well. So far, these were the files that had a laidback mood in the song... I only recall Nettaiya having those (from what I remember), but yes, there are songs where they work.

And songs where they don't. For me, that appears to be Boss in Parade [hvy].
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:46 pm

So I'm waiting to hear back from a judge right now...
He's been out for about 4 days now, not sure what's up. :?
Site Admin

by DGJ » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 pm

next time you give your judges two weeks, keep it a secret and tell them they only get one week
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:31 pm

DGJ wrote:next time you give your judges two weeks, keep it a secret and tell them they only get one week

Well right now I can't tell him anything.
Site Admin

by D2RCR » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:04 am

What you might have to do is just not release the B1 results yet, hoping you hear back from the judge before the B2 results are done.

If you don't, you may have to just release the results without that judge's scores, or find another judge who's willing to review all the files in a short amount of time.
Posting Member

by Wellian » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 am

I have a nice collection of polyhedral dice, I could do it quickly. :P
Posting Member

PreviousNext