List of Songs Entered

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by Hainaut » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:40 pm

DGJ wrote:uh, unknown gamer didn't enter best-mix?

He's secretly working under the "Titiln" alias.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Not bad. Some good hardcore, and most of the BEMANI selections are pretty good. And a song I remember from a certain dance game project that shall remain nameless.

I already know who did one of the songs without even seeing the charts. C'mon, you didn't even try to hide it - which is the very reason I didn't enter another Bad Religion song. :p
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:03 pm

I have some suspicisons after seeing some of the song list, but you never know :p
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:10 pm

jammitch! wrote:I already know who did one of the songs without even seeing the charts. C'mon, you didn't even try to hide it - which is the very reason I didn't enter another Bad Religion song. :p

I was thinking you guys would have to wait until you at least saw the graphics for the files before saying you know who did which one. :P

It'll be interesting to see if any of the claims end up being right.
Site Admin

by CoreyBlaze » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Songlist looks very promising, can't wait to play it! :twisted:
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:20 pm

I have to say I'm already pretty sure about who made one of the files as well.
Posting Member

Re: List of Songs Entered

by Sakura_Guy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:19 am

BLueSS wrote:I've Got A Jar Of Dirt (remix) - NeonHurricane

this has the potential to be the next "they're taking the hobbits to isengard"
Finally finished some sims.
Get Them Here!
Posting Member

by D2RCR » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:44 am

By the way, BlueSS, you might want to change things around on the site a bit, given that registration isn't open anymore. :P
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 am

Sakura_Guy wrote:As usual, i see a lot of j-pop dancemania and bemani stuff that will be a hit or miss

Just a quick comment:

BEST-mix is not a theme-oriented contest. Great stepfiles of any genre or source are going to be played and appreciated by our judges. There is no place in the rules for judging song choice and this is done on purpose and by design.

Please leave your pre-conceptions at the door. You might also choose to return to DDRExtreme.co.uk where lower quality files win the most public votes simply because they are different and not necessarily because they're better.

That isn't what BEST-mix is about.
This special title makes me look cool.

by Wellian » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:10 am

lrxevan wrote:You might also choose to return to DDRExtreme.co.uk where lower quality files win the most public votes simply because they are different and not necessarily because they're better.

And so having people who are actually brave enough to try something different instead of pedalling out the same generic charts to the same generic genres file after file is a bad thing?
Posting Member

by Zounder » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:10 am

I don't think Sakura_Guy was claiming that this contest was themed...
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 am

Zounder wrote:I don't think Sakura_Guy was claiming that this contest was themed...

He wasn't, and I wasn't saying that he was. I was simply stating that his concerns over certain genres being present are unwarranted and unnecessary as they're not a concern in this contest.

by Zounder » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am

Wellian wrote:
lrxevan wrote:You might also choose to return to DDRExtreme.co.uk where lower quality files win the most public votes simply because they are different and not necessarily because they're better.

And so having people who are actually brave enough to try something different instead of pedalling out the same generic charts to the same generic genres file after file is a bad thing?

Of course not, that isn't what he said. A good quality different-type file is different than some of the lower quality files that do well, but I wouldn't single out DDRex as guilty of this, it pretty much happens everywhere. There's just more of a volume of different-type files so it's bound to happen more frequently.
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:28 am

Wellian wrote:

Please don't misinterpret my statement. It's great to try new genres, and new step patterns, but we often run into a situation where people vote for lower quality files that are of a different genre to spite those who prefer to step more popular-type songs, even if they're not as good.

I had this argument way back in TM:Final with some of the same people I'm likely to be having it with now, and my thoughts on the matter stand. You are not here to evaluate the authors' choices in music except to the extent that step continuity allows. Is it nice to have a diverse song list? Yes! If it's not as varied as it could be, though, oh well. Please judge files by their content and not because you're bitter about the popularity of j-pop files. I think this is a pretty reasonable request.

By the way, BLueSS will be dealing with any judge comments who weigh in song choice too heavily. We're watching for this.

by BLueSS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:13 am

It seems to me like you guys are trying to say the same thing, but in different ways. :P

Everyone is glad the song list is diverse, no one is going to vote just based on song choice (because if they do it'll be thrown out), and we think variety is good.

I can't remember a TM or OSC where a lesser quality file won just because it was creative- usually it backfires. I don't think a low quality, but unusual file will win here. I also don't think it will be a problem with the quality of files entered. Most of the stuff is good, so it'll be harder to get the finalists.

I think you guys are arguing over something that won't matter. :P
Site Admin

PreviousNext