List of Received Files *FINAL LIST*

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by alphabet55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 pm

BLueSS wrote:If you are one of the 14 who didn't get your files in, and have a valid reason (which I have had one so far) you can still get your file in... I need it ASAP

Darn. I guess that means we won't be getting a file list then.

Edit: Lol, started a new page w/o quoting...
Posting Member

Re: List of Received Files *FINAL LIST*

by will-i-am » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:49 pm

#Infinity wrote:Ken and Juub005 didn't enter, either. (they were just recently added to the nDDRo lineup in June) SHOH also didn't submit anything.

*bangs head on desktop continueously* How could I forget SHOH?

As for Ken and Juub005...

Wait, huh? Just recently??? In June?! Am I missing something?
Posting Member

Re: List of Received Files *FINAL LIST*

by sanchny » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:31 pm

BLueSS wrote:And I can confirm that there are no repeated entries from anyone. No one entered more than one file.

Ok, that sounds good. :)
DGJ wrote:sanchny is the chief suspect

Posting Member

by tammie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm

So, why are you waiting a week to release these?

That wasn't intended to sound mean, I'm just wondering. It kind of lowers the excitement level.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:11 pm

I don't understand that either. Participants should be able to play the files as soon as possible in my opinion. It's not like it takes that long to turn it into a downloadable link unless your computer's really, really slow.
Posting Member

by Trick Master Mint » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:47 pm

alphabet55 wrote:Lol, you made your file in 45 minutes? I don't think I could make a file that fast if I wanted to.

It's not really that hard. >_> Beginner, Light, and Standard should take you 15 minutes tops, and Heavy and Oni should be about 30 minutes tops. Easy as pi.
Posting Member

by tammie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Um, I hope people spend more time than that. Beginner, light, and standard are just an important as heavy and oni. :roll:
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:09 pm

...I guess I'm just a slow simfile maker. :(

As for the other stuff, I think the whole pack should be released tomorrow morning, just in time for me to play it.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:32 pm

There have been many people wanting to know "Why am I waiting a week before releasing the files?"

When I made the schedule, there were two things I was trying to prevent.

1) Judges dropping out and horrible judging results.

When judges have only had one week before, they usually don't turn out well, and about half the judges seem to finish. Unfortunately, three people I had listed to judge (SO FAR) have already let me know that they will be unable to judge this time. Every time I've given judges two weeks to judge, they've usually come through - with good results.
And with the absence of some judges, there are some open spots. If you are interested (even if you sent a PM earlier) do it again. I haven't contacted everyone that was going to judge yet, so just because you haven't heard from me doesn't mean you're not judging.

2) People drop off after the 2nd or 3rd week, and the final rounds suck because no one is around anymore.

To prevent that, I stuck a low week (this week) at the very beginning. Once the files are released, everything goes very rapidly.
Week 1 - Bracket 1
Week 2 - Bracket 2
Week 3 - Semi-Final Vote
Week 4 - Finals

Then it's over. 4 weeks is a lot easier to keep people around and interested than say 6 weeks, and releasing the files right away. Right now everyone here is still interested, and will be until the files are released. By putting this waiting week in, it gives the judges time to write (hopefully) quality judging, while moving the dead time to a time when nothing else is going on.

I can pretty much say you all will stick around until at least your file is released, and once that happens everything else follows quickly so interest won't die down.

If anyone has a schedule idea that can let the files be released now, go no longer than 4 weeks, and let the judges have 2 weeks (almost) to judge, by my guest and PM it to me and I'll definitely take a look. Otherwise this is how it's going down this time. :?
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:36 pm

It is possible for you to release the pack immediately but still wait longer for the due date of the judge's results. Besides, a longer separation between both brackets would allow the community more time to get a true insight about the entered simfiles.
Posting Member

by tammie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:40 pm

A week of nothing new isn't so interesting to be honest...
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:40 pm

#Infinity wrote:It is possible for you to release the pack immediately but still wait longer for the due date of the judge's results. Besides, a longer separation between both brackets would allow the community more time to get a true insight about the entered simfiles.

It would only be more of a "true insight about the files" for those who have files in B1. They'll have an extra week so people might end up playing them, and liking them more than those files in B2.

Now one could argue that it is already like that since B1 is a week before B2, but B2's week is only focused on B2, and why add another week to B1 to potentially aggravate that possible problem?
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Ebisumaru wrote:A week of nothing new isn't so interesting to be honest...

Exactly, and if that week of nothing new was in the middle of the tournament, it would be worse.

I can say you'll probably stick around until the files are released, no?
Site Admin

by DGJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm

i'm having trouble picturing this timeline, when are the judges given the brackets to judge for both brackets?

BLueSS wrote:
Ebisumaru wrote:A week of nothing new isn't so interesting to be honest...

Exactly, and if that week of nothing new was in the middle of the tournament, it would be worse.

except we'd have results to discuss and files to discuss/play. as it stands now, all we have to talk about is how much we love the_ditz
Last edited by DGJ on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Trick Master Mint wrote:It's not really that hard. >_> Beginner, Light, and Standard should take you 15 minutes tops, and Heavy and Oni should be about 30 minutes tops. Easy as pi.

Well the amount of time necessary to make a good step chart increases as the difficulty of a song increases, due to the increasing number of steps. It takes a lot more effort and time required to make a good 12 footer than a good 7 footer.

The longer the song, more time is required to make a good chart too as there are more steps.
Last edited by Dark Luke on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

PreviousNext