RULES (June 13, 2007)

Drunk Russians, drama with vegetables, and lots of approval voting!

by BLueSS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 pm

The file will be due by July 8th.
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:15 pm

That seems a bit soon, but I don't mind if you don't have that much time, BlueSS. I'll just complete my entry for this contest before I finish all of my CM4 entries. :wink:
Posting Member

by Valex » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:08 pm

When will the files be able to be uploaded? I won't be here from like June 22nd until like the 6th but we might come back later and I don't want to take the risk of not having submitted in time
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:02 pm

The 8th, eh? I'd better get busy. :shock:
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 pm

The due date has a high probability of being bumped, so if that's your only concern, still work on the file.
Site Admin

by Rage* » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:09 am

i have my files synced by someone else, so i can never be completely completely anonymous...
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:03 am

Rage* wrote:i have my files synced by someone else, so i can never be completely completely anonymous...

Just do you best, don't have him advertise it.
Site Admin

by Raf » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:35 am

July is too soon for a contest that doesn't even have any finalized rules yet. Try August.

I have an idea for submitting files to keep everything completely anonymous. Raf's patented anon-submission method. Set up a chat room in IRC and have all contestants choose a vague screen name that does not give away who they are. They will send their zip file to you through DCC file send and inside the zip will be a text file with a key phrase that only the submitter knows. After the contest is finished and winner has been announced, all participants will send you a PM including the key phrase and the user name they used in the chat room. Match it up and we know who is who now!
Posting Member

by TakeWalker » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:17 am

^Craziness. o.O

Or we could all just submit via e-mail and make sure to not include things like CDTitles and #AUTHOR tags or whatever. Everyone's going to know who did what file once they're released, guaranteed.
Posting Member

by Raf » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:47 pm

uh, my email has Raf in it. It wouldn't work and I'm not going to make a new account just for this and every other anonymous stepmania contest.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 pm

TakeWalker wrote:^Craziness. o.O

Or we could all just submit via e-mail and make sure to not include things like CDTitles and #AUTHOR tags or whatever. Everyone's going to know who did what file once they're released, guaranteed.

You need to register your entry by PM'ing me. This way I know who's file is whos in case there are any problems/DQ's/anything else that could happen that requires contacting the author or knowing who entered.

I'll be the only one who knows; the judges will not. All tags and CDTitles and such cannot be included.

Files will be uploaded with a php script on this site once the deadlines come.
Site Admin

by alphabet55 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:05 pm

God, it's going to be so hard not revealing who did which file. No arguments about criticism... No public basking in the praises thrown upon your entry...

Will we even be able to talk at all without revealing which file we did? Or didn't do?

...This is gonna be interesting (in a fun way).
Posting Member

by Aki » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:47 pm

How come when Raf appears, there's always drama? I just noticed this

EDIT:

TakeWalker wrote:No, this is officially Sparta now.
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:27 pm

Akira wrote:How come when Raf appears, there's always drama? I just noticed this

EDIT:

TakeWalker wrote:No, this is officially Sparta now.

That's not drama. I can create some if you'd like.
This special title makes me look cool.

by alphabet55 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Why do simfile competitions always descend into anarchy and chaos? Can't we last more than two days without bickering and arguing over pointless things like who can start the most drama? I'm so upset at the collectively low maturity level of the internet that I am resigning this tournament in protest. Furthermore, I will, starting tomorrow, begin living as a hermit in my backyard. Thank you, internet, for ruining my life.

(Note: The above is a joke. I am not really resigning, as much as you might want me to.)
Posting Member

PreviousNext